Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Give way for ambulance please....!

108 is a great service! Life saving project!


Years ago, one of my relatives, died in an accident. Also I have heard my Uncle's friend died in an accident ages ago. Probably these people would have been saved if there was an 108 service then. From anywhere you call they will be there within 18 minutes. Many people have died in accidents because of excessive bleeding. If they had reached hospital on time, their lives could have been saved. There are so many other emergencies too that require timely attention.

Everyday when I go out, I see atleast one ambulance making that loud siren. "Give way to ambulance" is a rule. It is sad to see when ambulance is stuck in a traffic! I am just wondering the plight of those inside the ambulance at that moment.

Getting stuck in unavoidable traffic on one side, yesterday, when I heard an ambulance behind our car, I moved aside towards left, but to my surprise, there was another car that overtook me on my right!!! What a disgusting, shameful act! Some months ago, when I heard "Suki" sivam talk on a program, I heard him say that, "Today people are selfish to that extent that when an ambulance is heard, they want to hasten in front of it, and use the clear passage that the siren creates." I saw that yesterday. I witnessed this once in Bangalore also. To all those who irresponsibly do not give way for ambulance, listen...."Think how you would feel if one of your close ones is inside that ambulance. A Life could be saved if you are not so selfish. Every second could be precious for the life."

So please GIVE WAY TO AMBULANCE !

Note: Dial 108 in any emergency - be it a fire, crime or accident. It is a 24x7 FREE emergency service functioning in many states in India. They would ask for basic information like
1. The place where you are calling from
2.Type of emergency
3.Number of people injured
4.Caller's name and number

Anyone can call 108 from the place of accident and it is not necessary that the person affected should only call.

Let us help save a life with whatever best we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment