Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My motivation to do physical exercise


Till few months back I was very motivated to do physical exercise and I used to hit the gym regularly. But of late because of lot of travelling (or whatever excuses!), had slackened a bit. Now it is getting difficult to fall into that routine.

I know exercising prevents most of the health problems, I also have experienced that if I regularly do it most of my health complaints also stay far off. I also know that this rigorous physical activity for an hour or two makes me feel fresh for the rest of the day. Moreover, I have witnessed so many publications stating the importance of Exercising in preventing age related neurodegenerative disorders....!
Despite knowing all this, ooooof...this procrastination.....!!

But now I am getting into this routine again.....and  I am amused to see what is driving me!!! It is this...

A decade back or even later than that, if someone on the road or someone in the train or temple would address me as "papa" , I used to be furious....I used to keep telling my mom,"Why do they call me papa? I am so grown up"...and all that...

But now...
When someone addresses me as "papa" in the temple or in train, I feel tickled and delighted! Ironically, I am definitely older than what I was a decade ago....But I feel excited now because, it reconfirms my illusion that I am still young and more than all that it motivates me to exercise so that I stay young for some more years......

What a motivation!!! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment