Thursday, September 5, 2013

Happy Teachers day!

September 5 of every year is a remarkable day, I never forget. It is a day, when I take time to thank all those who chiselled me to whatever I am today - MY TEACHERS!

The most important teacher and the best one I want to thank today is MY LIFE, MY EXPERIENCE! I have never seen a better teacher than her. Why Her, why not Him? Well, I have a reason to give my EXPERIENCE a feminine gender. That's because I mostly relate the EXPERIENCE to my MOTHER,because

-She makes sure I remember her wherever I go, whether she scolds me or she hugs me.
-Her thought gives me pleasant feelings, most of the times.
-She teaches me even the simplest thing of life.
And most importantly, 
-She teaches me, many times, the harsh way, because, she wants me to learn it, come what may and that's it!(and she knows those lessons stay longer than the sweet ones.)

I had wonderful experiences in the past years, and, especially in the recent years, when, my learning curve had been the steepest. I have interacted with so many people around, which in turn, has helped me understand my own self in a better way.

When I came across a silent person, I realized, how talkative I am!
& when I met a talkative person, I realized how much time I waste!

When I spoke with an argumentative person, I realized, what a critic I am!
& when some one criticized me, I realized how sensitive I am!

When I interacted with intelligent people, I realized how dumb I am!
& when I met dumb people, I realized how lucky I am!

When I met boastful people, I realized how simple I am,
 but when I met the real simple people, I realized how 'small' I am!

When I dashed with an angry person, I realized how arrogant I am!
& when I came across an arrogant person, I realized how impatient I am!

When I spent time with my friends and kins, I realized what a loving person I am,
but, When I met the real loving one, I was ashamed to know how selfish I am!

The lesson goes on....It never ends and is never going to..!

I am enjoying the lessons! Sometimes , I learn them quickly, sometimes I take a lot of time, sometimes I keep struggling with the hope that I will learn it soon and sometimes I am adamant not to learn it.  But, Life and experience are not that lenient teachers who will excuse me if I am lazy to take the lessons....So I know they are not going to let me move ahead until I learn it !

HAPPY TEACHERS DAY DEAR LIFE! KEEP MENTOR-ING ME LIKE THIS FOREVER!


2 comments:

  1. Lalith, that was well put... What lines... OMG.. OMG.... You have just written the ODE TO LIFE... Keep that poetess in you alive, always. Love to hear more such KAVITHA from LALITHA..!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bhaiyya, although I know it is no match to your language :-)!

      Delete